Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/04/05 22:55:26 UTC

Re: [Informal Vote] please express your opinion on using Nexus and Hudson: see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/UIMA-1717

Here's my vision of automation (achieved over time :-) ), and why CI
could be important - it is building the potential releases from source
checkout.

We have CI going on Hudson; we decide at some point that things merit a
release; so we push some button on the CI or Nexus interface and get a
particular snapshot release tagged, checked out and built as a candidate.

We do some additional integration testing, and then vote on the thing in
the nexus repo, where it look like a release but is in some "held"
state.  After the vote succeeds, we log onto the Nexus web interface and
push another button, and the release happens.

-Marshall

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it really sounds nice to me too (so +1 again).
Tommaso

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
+1  Good idea, I think.

I've noticed that maven plugins have an additional folder, called "it"
under source, where it appears they have "integration tests".  Maybe
there's some support for this (I haven't investigated further... )
-Marshall

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.