Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Shane Nay <sh...@agendacomputing.com> on 2001/01/03 01:15:00 UTC

modperler's needed, and hello again!

Modperlers...,

Hello, this is Shane Nay, I used to post quite a bit.  (Hello Josh, Stas,
Peren, Doug, and many others of course)  BTW Stas,
$contributors=~/Shane/Shane Nay/;, and big Thanks .

Well I'm posting now, (and resubscribed :) because I need someone to fill a
modperl developement position.  Our company (AgendaComputing.com) makes
handheld computers that run linux.  All of our software is GPL, and the
website/backend code can be GPL as well..., so it's a good opportunity to
join a company that really believes in Free software.  Not to mention have a
boss that joined a lot of community discussion here before, and knows
modperl/perl well, or at least thinks he does.

under community->lists.  As you can see from that site..., we've got our work
cut out for us in putting together the web infrastructure to bring the
developers together.

In addition to being a strong modperl developer, we're looking for someone
who has good community ties, here or elsewhere.  Having developed DocBook
formatted documentation in the past is a plus.  Someone willing to travel on
occasion is a plus too, maybe every other month.  Having experience
configuring Apache, and other Unix services (read cvs, ssh, postfix/qmail)
would be a big plus as well.  Someone willing to relocate to Irvine is a plus
as well, but if your qualifications are strong that could be overlooked and
telecommuting may be an option.  (Even if you relocate to Irvine a sometimes
in sometimes telecommuted in could be worked out)

If you're interested please forward your resume and web portfolio to me at
shane@agendacomputing.com.

Or if you just want to say hey..., that's okay with me too.  Well..., while I
was on my epic honeymoon, I got a job offer to work with Agenda full time
(worked with them p/t before that), and then wound up becoming the VP of R&D.
 So I've been sucked away from modperl developement, and into the fast moving
waters of the linux kernel developement on the VR4181 processor, and
management (Ugh).

Thanks,
Shane.