Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2010/05/06 08:17:49 UTC

Unable to release parent pom

Hi,

I'm trying to release our new parent pom. But the first time I tried it,
I got this error:

[INFO] [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] [INFO]
[INFO] [INFO] The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-launchpad-plugin' does not exist or no
valid version could be found

Which is a little bit strange as the version of the plugin is set to
2.0.6 in the parent pom.

Then I changed the configuration for the maven release plugin from:
<preparationGoals>
   launchpad:check-bundle-list-for-snapshots clean verify
</preparationGoals>

<preparationGoals>

org.apache.sling:maven-launchpad-plugin:2.0.6:check-bundle-list-for-snapshots
clean verify
</preparationGoals>

and now I get:
[INFO] [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
[INFO]
[INFO] GroupId: org.apache.sling
[INFO] ArtifactId: org.apache.sling.launchpad
[INFO] Version: RELEASE
[INFO]
[INFO] Reason: Unable to determine the release version
[INFO]
[INFO] Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
[INFO]
[INFO] Then, install it using the command:
[INFO]     mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.sling
-DartifactId=org.apache.sling.launchpad -Dversion=RELEASE
-Dclassifier=bundlelist -Dpackaging=xml -Dfile=/path/to/file
[INFO]
[INFO] Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the
file there:
[INFO]     mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.sling
-DartifactId=org.apache.sling.launchpad -Dversion=RELEASE
-Dclassifier=bundlelist -Dpackaging=xml -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
-DrepositoryId=[id]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO]   org.apache.sling:org.apache.sling.launchpad:xml:RELEASE

Any ideas?

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Unable to release parent pom

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Justin Edelson  wrote
> Carsten-
> Let's just move the check bundle list goal to launchpad.builder. As we
> don't do aggregated releases, this is ok.

Ah ok, thanks - I'll just moved the config and now I'm releasing the new
parent pom

Carsten

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
Carsten-