Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/07 21:36:26 UTC

Proposed ASF Board report for 2018/01

Hi,

below is the proposed ASF Board report for 2018/01, I'm pushing it to
the appropiate git repo ina  minute. I plan to send it by January 10th,
as usual please review, comment, add, edit whatever you feel necessary.

br,
juan pablo

 - A feature-rich and extensible WikiWiki engine built around the standard
JEE components (Java, servlets, JSP).

## Issues:
 - there are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - Compared to last report, there has been an up-tick in activity this
   quarter, where activity has been focused on these areas:
   * Initial support for Markdown: there is a new custom parser + renderer
     for Markdown, although not complete yet (see
     https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Markdown%20Support for
     details)
   * Fixed a bug regarding the renderer cache (JSPWIKI-1064)
   * Tests were migrated from JUnit 3 to JUnit 4
   * Generation of a test-jar, with several with utilities to ease testing
     of JSPWiki custom components.
 - No questions unanswered on MLs, with at least 3 people from PMC showing
   up there.

## Health report:
 - Last report highlighted some ideas to increase contributions:
   * move to Github as primary repo: done; we're also encouraging the use
of
     jspwiki as a topic on GitHub to increase contributions' visibility.
   * adopting something similar to a release train: we should release 2.10.3
     next February.
   * lower committership barrier by granting commits rights to
     a) any ASF committer.
     b) any other people who simply asks for it.
     Other than discussing the idea, we haven't done anything, as nobody new
     has showed up yet..

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 11 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Dave Koelmeyer on Wed Apr 06 2016

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 16 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Dave Koelmeyer at Wed Apr 06 2016

## Releases:

 - Last release was 2.10.2 on Sat Feb 20 2016

## Mailing list activity:

 - dev@jspwiki.apache.org:
    - 83 subscribers (down -2 in the last 3 months):

 - user@jspwiki.apache.org:
    - 176 subscribers (down -2 in the last 3 months):

## JIRA activity:

Re: Proposed ASF Board report for 2018/01

Posted by David Vittor <dv...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me too.

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
good catch! it's fixed now..