Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com> on 2003/02/06 17:01:34 UTC

Re: Xerces P

"Fischer, Oliver" <pl...@snafu.de> writes:

> I installed it today successfully and I must say it is great. If you
> know XercesC/J and read the generated Xerces.pm it is easy to work
> with it.
>
> Thanks for it!

You are greatly welcome. I'd love to hear what your successes and
failures are like using the module.

> p.s.: Is there an implementation of an EntityResolver for XML Catalogs?

Yes, there is an example of how to do it in t/TestUtils.pm in the
resolve_entity() method and a number of the tests (t/*.t files) that
use this resolver, and an example Catalog is in samples/catalog.xml
using the DTD in samples/catalog.dtd.

I haven't followed the XML Catalog spec development so it might be out
of date. If it is, I'm happy to accept patches to update it!

Cheers,
jas.

Re: Xerces P

Posted by "Fischer, Oliver" <pl...@snafu.de>.
Jason E. Stewart wrote:
> "Fischer, Oliver" <pl...@snafu.de> writes:
>
> You are greatly welcome. I'd love to hear what your successes and
> failures are like using the module.

I evaluated it only for a article I am currently writting for a
german magazin on entity resolution.

> I haven't followed the XML Catalog spec development so it might be out
> of date. If it is, I'm happy to accept patches to update it!
May be, but at the moment I have a lot to do...  ;.(

Bye

Oliver

--
Oliver Fischer