Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net> on 2004/02/22 14:01:01 UTC

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-lenya/src/java/org/apache/lenya/lucene/html HTMLParserTokenManager.java

gregor@apache.org writes:

> gregor      2004/02/21 09:10:02
>
>   Modified:    src/java/org/apache/lenya/lucene/html
>                         HTMLParserTokenManager.java
>   Log:
>   attack the class from hell and remove unnecessary fields and methods.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but:

Does it make sense to do some cosmetic changes to this class? Wouldn't
it make more sense to try to get rid of this code altogether?

Why do we need this class in the first place? Wasn't this a hack to
satisfy some outlandish customer requirements?

I mean do we need a crawler that can parse html? Isn't Lenya all about
XML? Why does the core need a html crawler?

I think we need to answer these questions first before mucking around
with the warnings in HTMLParserTokenManager.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich