Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Josh Chappelle <jc...@4redi.com> on 2010/07/27 04:41:22 UTC

HttpsRequestCycleProcessor Configuration

Hi,

My problem is not specific to wicket but I'm hoping that someone in the
community has fought this battle before and is willing to lend a helping
hand. I am using the HttpsRequestCycleProcessor and I only have the
@RequireHttps annotation on one page, the registration page. I have apache
httpd and tomcat talking to each other with a virtual host using proxypass
and proxypassreverse on port 80 and all that is working fine. The problem
becomes when I try to configure everything for SSL. I'm unsure whether I
need SSL to be configured in tomcat and apache httpd or just one of them and
not the other. I have generated a self signed certificate and key file for
apache httpd and tried it with just that. When that did not work I pointed
tomcat to the same files. Still nothing.

The problem I am seeing is that the browser just hangs when I try to hit the
SSL page. In the apache httpd access.log file I see a request for the page
come in and a http 302 status code is returned. I've read everything I can
find on the topic but no one talks about how to configure it when you are
using both tomcat and apache.

Any and all help is much appreciated because I have looked everywhere.

Thanks,

Josh

RE: HttpsRequestCycleProcessor Configuration

Posted by Josh Chappelle <jc...@4redi.com>.
Thanks a lot for your help Russ. I was so caught up with the problem I
didn't step back and think about having a dummy test page to isolate the SSL
configuration on apache. I'll give that a try.

Thanks again.

Josh

> My problem is not specific to wicket but I'm hoping that someone in the
> community has fought this battle before and is willing to lend a helping
> hand. I am using the HttpsRequestCycleProcessor and I only have the
> @RequireHttps annotation on one page, the registration page. I have apache
> httpd and tomcat talking to each other with a virtual host using proxypass
> and proxypassreverse on port 80 and all that is working fine. The problem
> becomes when I try to configure everything for SSL. I'm unsure whether I
> need SSL to be configured in tomcat and apache httpd or just one of them
and
> not the other. I have generated a self signed certificate and key file for
> apache httpd and tried it with just that. When that did not work I pointed
> tomcat to the same files. Still nothing.

It sounds like you have your SSL for apache incorrectly configured. First
start by getting SSL configured and working correctly for your apache.
Create a test page and make sure you can see it over HTTPS. Then verify that
you've added your tomcat connector to your HTTPS server e.g.
<VirtualHost _default_:443>#   General setup for the virtual
hostDocumentRoot /usr/local/www/webapps/ROOTServerName
www.example.com:443ErrorLog
"/usr/apache/apache-2.2.11/logs/error_log"TransferLog
"/usr/apache/apache-2.2.11/logs/access_log"JkMount  /app/* worker1JkMount
/asyncService/* worker1JkMount /*.jsp worker1
#   SSL Engine Switch:#   Enable/Disable SSL for this virtual host.SSLEngine
on.......</VirtualHost>
If you want to use proxy pass instead of mod_jk, that shouldn't be an issue.
Russ

RE: HttpsRequestCycleProcessor Configuration

Posted by Russell Simpkins <ru...@hotmail.com>.