Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by r_jewson <rj...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/04 12:17:35 UTC

Flash/ActionScript 3 library to connect to ActiveMQ (STOMP) server

I've written a ActionScript 3 STOMP client library that allows you to reflect
ActiveMQ messages within the ActionScript VM.

It basicly turns ActiveMQ into a XMLSocket/Remoting Server for Flash content
which allows to to act on and visualize almost everything that goes across
the Broker.

Anybody interested? Any suggestions where to host it (once I've got it in a
reasonable state)?

Re: Flash/ActionScript 3 library to connect to ActiveMQ (STOMP) server

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 4/5/07, massive.boisson <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> r_jewson wrote:
> >
> > Anybody interested? Any suggestions where to host it (once I've got it in
> > a reasonable state)?
> >

> Yes, great news, I was just asking about it few days ago.
> Let us know how things are working out.
>
> Congretulations,

Hopefully I've managed to give Richard karma on the Stomp project so
he can check in his ActionScript client there when he's ready.
--

James
-------

Re: Flash/ActionScript 3 library to connect to ActiveMQ (STOMP) server

Posted by "massive.boisson" <ma...@gmail.com>.

r_jewson wrote:

> Anybody interested? Any suggestions where to host it (once I've got it in
> a reasonable state)?

Yes, great news, I was just asking about it few days ago.
Let us know how things are working out.

Congretulations,

--MB

Re: Flash/ActionScript 3 library to connect to ActiveMQ (STOMP) server

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 4/4/07, r_jewson <rj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess STOMP would be more appropriate.  Whats the best way of getting the
> code/examples to the project?

I can give you commit karma so you could setup a directory in svn to
add your code. I'll talk to you offline to setup your codehaus
account...

--

James
-------

Posted by r_jewson <rj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daryl Richter <ng...@comcast.net>.
I (and my company) are most definitely interested.  We are building some
flex apps and would almost certainly eventually like them to talk to our
ActiveMQ brokers.

If you host it somewhere shared we might even eventually be able to
contribute back.

Perhaps Sourceforge?

--
Daryl

"Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will have
to ram it down their throats."
    -- Howard Aiken