Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by SebestyƩn Csaba <cs...@freesoft.hu> on 2005/07/19 14:33:18 UTC

HtmlDateRenderer method visiblity

Hi!

I try to extend the inputDalendar to set the order of day, month and year fields by the current locale. I extended the org.apache.myfaces.custom.date.HtmlDateRenderer class, rewrote the encodeEnd() method, but the base rendering methods (encodeInput[Day|Month|Year...]) are private, so I can't use them.

Can you change the visiblity of these methods to protected?

(Of course, I can change it in the source on my own. But I want to be up-to-date, and use the latest version of MyFaces components.)

TYIA,

Csaba

Re: HtmlDateRenderer method visiblity

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
Csaba, why don't you modify the current HtmlDateRenderer and enable it
to use the current locale? It would be a nice feature to have in
myfaces...

Regards,

Bruno