Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by dovle <do...@delsyne.ro> on 2001/11/08 12:11:10 UTC

NullPointerException in SOAPFaultRouter.notifyListeners

Hi all ,
I have apache soap on Orion 1.5.2 . Usually work fine, but now I enconter a
strange problem . When I try to return an int array I receive the next
exception :

The same thing happens when I try to throw an exception that extends an
exception that extends SOAPException ( from apache soap ) .
I have another service that throws the same thing and it works .

Sending a bean that contains an int array works just fine ...

If someone has any sugestions or has met this beast before ... please answer
( I am fighting with it for almost 4 or 5 hours , must be something really
stupid that I have done somewhere )

thanks alot ,
dovle

Re: NullPointerException in SOAPFaultRouter.notifyListeners

Posted by dovle <do...@delsyne.ro>.
Thanks alot for your advice. I have seen what I do have to change , i have
changed it but now I have a question: should I change the class from jar with
my own class ? :o)
my own class :
+ compiled with no modifications , size :14.840
+ compiled with modifications , size : 14.983
( till now all normal )
their class ( from soap.jar )
+ size : 15.186 . As I see things , this might not be the right source code
from the class. They have added something. So if I overwrite their file ...
there will be none of their modifs .
How to solve it ?

My response :
I will modif the class and overwrite it but might be some good chances not to
work in other part of ksoap. ( I am a little bit ashamed because I haven't
made the changes till now )

lazy dovle
:o)

Posted by dovle <do...@delsyne.ro>.

Posted by Rich Catlett <ri...@more.net>.
dovle wrote:

>Hi ,
>Thanks for the point.
>But how can you explain that I have a service on apache soap server ( a class
>that has some exposed methods ) and one of the methods throws an
>SOAPException . In fact throws my own exception that extends SOAPException .
>And it works . Well , last time it worked. Now I should try to re-deploy to
>see if is something wrong with my own code or .

It works out that your services is not always throwing an exception
sometimes it is working, but when it does throw an exception it is
getting masked by the NullPointerException.

>Might be something wrong to the isd:faultListener from DeploymentDescriptor ?
>
>Anyway, what does the line with isdFaultListener from DD.xml means ?
>( a little bit new to apache soap )

To tell you the truth I'm not exactly sure what the faultListener is
for.  It's a class that gets put in an array with all of the other
faultListeners from all of the other services and then helps report
errors.  I guess.

>Please, can you tell me what do I have to change in order to make it work?

Anyways to take care of the NullPointerException do the following.
 Below is the buildFaultRouter method in the DeploymentDescriptor class
located in src/org/apache/server/DeploymentDescriptor.java within SOAP.
 The

  public SOAPFaultRouter buildFaultRouter(SOAPContext ctxt) {

        if (fr != null) return fr;

        fr = new SOAPFaultRouter();

        if (faultListener == null) return fr;

        SOAPFaultListener[] lis = new
SOAPFaultListener[faultListener.length];

        try {
          for (int i = 0; i < faultListener.length; i++) {

            Class c = ctxt.loadClass( faultListener[i] );

        // fix for the nullpointerexception that soap would throw
        if (c == null) {
        if
(faultListener[i].equalsIgnoreCase("org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener"))
            lis[i] = (SOAPFaultListener) new
org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener();
                else if
(faultListener[i].equalsIgnoreCase("org.apache.soap.server.ExceptionFaultListener"))

Posted by Rich Catlett <ri...@more.net>.

Posted by dovle <do...@delsyne.ro>.
Hi ,

Posted by dovle <do...@delsyne.ro>.