Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by pawan <pa...@apar.com> on 2003/05/13 15:11:51 UTC

how to load a property file in tomcat4.1.24???

Hello Everyone,

in my application's web-inf/classes folder i have a package named "common"
in that i have a file "Alerter.java"

in which i am loading a property file in static block, by using the
ClassLoader.. now to load ALERT_CONFIG_FILE this file should eb in
classpath. so i have set the classpath to

C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24\webapps\shyam\WEB-INF\classes

and i have put my file Shyam.config in there. But its giving error when i
call this class by a jsp page in tomcat.

Its working file if i use command line argument e.g.
C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24\webapps\shyam\WEB-INF\classes>java common.Alerter

I think i need to set the CLASSPATH variable for tomcat window where all
console output comes.

Please help me how i can make it work?? Or is there any other alternative??

Thank you in advance.

Here is a part of source code

private static final String ALERT_CONFIG_FILE ="Shyam.config";

static
	{
        try
		{
            cfg =  getAlertConfig();
		}
		catch(Exception e){}
    }

 public static Properties getAlertConfig() throws IOException
	{

		Properties prop = new Properties();
		try
		{
			InputStream fin =
ClassLoader.getSystemResourceAsStream(ALERT_CONFIG_FILE);
			prop.load(fin);
			System.out.println("File Loaded Successfully");
		}
		catch(Exception e)
		{
			System.out.println("Either ALERT Configuration file: '"
+ALERT_CONFIG_FILE+"' Not found in CLASSPATH or it can not be read");
		}
		System.out.println("........"+prop);
		return prop;
    }