Posted to users@maven.apache.org by cameron clarke <ca...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/02 01:50:24 UTC

[m2] org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found

Caveat …I'm new to Maven!
Downloaded installed successfully, mvn –v works OK.
Following Maven getting started guide..

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=uk.co.something -DartifactId=projName
pom.xml / directory structures / App.java and AppTest.java created.

(modified pom.xml for jdk1.5 as prescribed in FAQ)

..here's the problem (I'm not behind a firewall and can browse
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/ via firefox without proxy settings)

mvn compile …results in :

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

[INFO] Building Maven Quick Start Archetype

[INFO]    task-segment: [compile]

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin'
does not exi

st or no valid version could be found

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

[INFO] Total time: < 1 second

[INFO] Finished at: Tue Sep 20 01:41:48 BST 2005

[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M

Many thanks in advance.
:-)

Re: [m2] org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I think repo1.maven.org is having some issues at present. We're
working to rectify them - please try again soon.

You can also set up a mirror - there should be instructions on the web site.

- Brett