Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Manjunath Shivakumar <Ma...@betfair.com> on 2014/08/21 14:07:59 UTC

Kafka Topic segregation

Hi,

Is it possible to configure different topics to be hosted on different data directories? We have different topics
with hugely different data throughput rates, so we were looking to segregate the writes to separate hard discs.

Thanks,
Manju

Re: Kafka Topic segregation

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Manju,

We currently do not have that support. Can you file a JIRA for this feature?

Guozhang

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 5:07 AM, Manjunath Shivakumar <
Manjunath.Shivakumar@betfair.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to configure different topics to be hosted on different
> data directories? We have different topics
> with hugely different data throughput rates, so we were looking to
> segregate the writes to separate hard discs.
>
> Thanks,
> Manju

> In order to protect our email recipients, Betfair Group use SkyScan from

-- Guozhang