Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/24 11:26:14 UTC

Re: Choosing between Java and Groovy

Groovy has significant goodies to adopt over java like easy to learn due to
java like syntax, scripting language can be use to develop services faster
than java, default packages and type casting shorten syntax makes it easy
to understand. No build and server restart require.

The only reason to use java instead is performance and accuracy, when we do
longer db operations and precise calculations then java is better
candidate. Like groovy makes some assumptions on data types and the same
applies to decimal precisions.

Additional information, bit late here but it should be helpful.

Best Regards,
--
Rishi Solanki
*CTO, Mindpath Technology*