Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Gordon Moore <go...@yahoo.com> on 2013/09/06 00:41:17 UTC

Error after server upgrade to 1.8.3 - E160052: Revprop caching disabled

I just upgraded my subversion server software from 1.7.2 to to 1.8.3, running on RedHat Linux 6.2.  Almost everything seems to be functioning correctly, however when I try to do an svnadmin dump or svnadmin verify of any of my repositories I get an error like this:

svnadmin: E160052: Revprop caching for '/svn/repos/build/db' disabled because SHM infrastructure for revprop caching failed to initialize.
svnadmin: E000013: Can't open file '/svn/repos/build/db/rev-prop-atomics.mutex': Permission denied

Is this a known issue with 1.8.3? Any ideas on what is going on, how I can investigate, or what I might do to correct this?

        Gordon

Re: Error after server upgrade to 1.8.3 - E160052: Revprop caching disabled

Posted by George Ivan <gi...@gmail.com>.
I have the same issues but on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.

Internal error: Revprop caching for 'E:/csvn/data/repositories/repo/db'
disabled because SHM infrastructure for revprop caching failed to
initialize.
Internal error: -Can't open file
'E:\\csvn\\data\\repositories\\repo\\db\\rev-prop-atomics.mutex': Access is
denied.

I have checked access permissions on folder mentioned above, but the SYSTEM
account have full access permissions on the whole directory structure of
the repository.

Have anybody know how to fix this issues?

Re: Error after server upgrade to 1.8.3 - E160052: Revprop caching disabled

Posted by Gordon Moore <go...@yahoo.com>.
I was just using a regular user, using command line SVN on the server with SELinux set to permissive.

I was finally able to figure out what was going on after seeing that doing an svnadmin verify with sudo worked. I guess 1.8 now needs to create files in the db directory, both a "rev-prop-atomics.shm" file which remains and a temporary .mutex file. After adjusting permissions to make the db directory writable, svnadmin verify is working again.

Posted by Thomas Harold <th...@nybeta.com>.