Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net> on 2005/03/07 00:00:37 UTC

[REQUEST FOR VOTES] New committers status

Hi all,

There's been 2 proposals for new committers in the last weeks (Rahul and
Dhiru), but few of us has voted.

I'd like to request that we speed up the vote process, so we can have
more committers ASAP.

-- Felipe

PS: independently of the vote process, it's necessary to sign and submit
a CLA (http://www.apache.org/licenses/) to the ASF in order to have
commit rights. In other words, you guys could start the CLA process in
parallel to the committer one...

--
Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net>

Re: [REQUEST FOR VOTES] New committers status

Posted by Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net>.
As it was mentioned recently "Also there is a tendancy for some to pick
it up on the second round when it becomes evident that noone else dealt
with it the first time."

So, what's the status on the votes? Notice that I would also like to
propose another new committer, but if we can not even finish the current
votes...

[]s,

-- Felipe

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 3/6/05, Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There's been 2 proposals for new committers in the last weeks (Rahul and
> Dhiru), but few of us has voted.

I see Rahul committing back in Feb 28th. I only see two votes for Rahul.

You have 3 or 4 votes for Dhiru, which is all that's needed.

> I'd like to request that we speed up the vote process, so we can have
> more committers ASAP.

Nudge people for votes.

Martin, Glenn, Pierre, myself are all good targets. Plus all you need
is 3 +1s. I tend to avoid putting my +1 in if I call a vote, but if I
need to I'll add a +1.

> PS: independently of the vote process, it's necessary to sign and submit
> a CLA (http://www.apache.org/licenses/) to the ASF in order to have
> commit rights. In other words, you guys could start the CLA process in
> parallel to the committer one...

Probably not a good idea. If -1s happen, it could get weird and I
think it'd be better for the confusion to be here instead of with the
Apache secretary (considering that he's bottlenecked enough already).

Hen