Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gary Pollreis <ga...@elkriversystems.com> on 2003/01/07 01:12:59 UTC

Unable to compile class for JSP

I have just installed Tomcat 4.1.18 under Windows 2000 (using Java JDK
1.4.0).  When I try to run the examples I get
"org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP" .
I have validated that my JAVA_HOME and CATALINA_HOME environment variables
are correct.
Any/all help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to compile class for JSP

Posted by Paul Campbell <se...@halcyon.com>.
It may be looking for tools.jar.
Stick a pointer to it in a CLASSPATH and see what happens.