Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Andre Stock <Mr...@gmx.de> on 2004/06/14 12:54:00 UTC

Assertion error when executing SAXparser

Hi,
i wrote a quite simple SAXparser with Visual Studio .NET. The compile
procedure finished without errors, but when i tried to execute the
application an error occured saying:

Assertion failed!
Program: ....
File: \xerces-c-src_2_5_0\src\xercesc\util\XMemory.cpp
Line: 102
Expression: manager !=0

When i look at the corresponding file (XMemory.cpp) at Line 102, it is part
of a method:

void* XMemory::operator new(size_t size, MemoryManager* manager)
{
    assert(manager != 0);      //LINE 102

	size_t headerSize = XMLPlatformUtils::alignPointerForNewBlockAllocation(
										sizeof(MemoryManager*));
    void* const block = manager->allocate(headerSize + size);
    *(MemoryManager**)block = manager;

    return (char*)block + headerSize;
}
I have no experience in working with assertions in c++. Can anyone tell what
this method is necessary for and how my problem can be solved?
Thanks in advance!

Andre

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router f�r alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl

Re: Assertion error when executing SAXparser

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@progress.com>.
At 11.58 15/06/2004 +0200, Andre Stock wrote:
>Thanks for the explanation, i hopefully got it! So when the parser detects a
>new element the startElement method (or its overwritten version)is called
>and is given the parameters (uri,localname,qname and attributes) which i can
>use in my application, right?

Right

>Do i have to include another header file for
>that, cause i got an compiler error when using the same method signature in
>my derived class?

Uhm, are you sure you know enough of C++ to write a C++ program? I think it
would be easier for you to start from an existing sample like SAXPrint or
SAX2Print, study it, understand how it is structured and modify it to do
what you need, instead of starting from scratch.
If you still want to go with the code you wrote, please post it, and I can
tell you what's wrong with that.

Alberto

Posted by Andre Stock <Mr...@gmx.de>.
Thanks for the explanation, i hopefully got it! So when the parser detects a
new element the startElement method (or its overwritten version)is called
and is given the parameters (uri,localname,qname and attributes) which i can
use in my application, right? Do i have to include another header file for

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@progress.com>.
Hi Andre,

At 15.32 14/06/2004 +0200, Andre Stock wrote:
>It`s me again!
>Can anyone explain to me what the parameters in DefaultHandler::startElement
>are for?

     virtual void startElement
     (

Posted by Andre Stock <Mr...@gmx.de>.
It`s me again!
Can anyone explain to me what the parameters in DefaultHandler::startElement
are for? Do i need all of them?I mean, when an event occured that an element

Posted by Andre Stock <Mr...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@progress.com>.