Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> on 2003/08/22 08:16:18 UTC

#parse() - not working?

#parse no longer seems to work.

I used to be able to do things like

     #parse("screens/skins,default,Login.vm")

but this no longer works:

2003-08-22 16:15:18,672 ERROR [Thread-6  ]
velocity.TurbineVelocityService - Error rendering Velocity template:
screens/Login.vm
org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource 'screens/skins,default,Login.vm'

Is there a suggested work around?

Thanks,

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

Re: #parse() - not working?

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Eric Emminger wrote:

> Scott Eade wrote:
>
>> #parse no longer seems to work.
>>
>> I used to be able to do things like
>>
>>     #parse("screens/skins,default,Login.vm")
>

> #parse() works for me in Turbine 2.2. Which release are you using?

That's my point.  It works fine in t2.2 and I can do things like parse
arbitrary screen and navigation templates (though this was using
slashes which is not done in t2.3).

My upgrade to t2.3 is progressing very slowly and painfully. If I
can't get #parse() to work I am going to have to rewrite a few chunks
of code, moving things to macros that don't really belong there.

Scott

Doc in error?

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Hi all,
I didn't want to make the change b/c I'm not familiar with it, but in
AccessController the docs say that security is based on:

<begin>
Turbine uses a User-Role-Permission arrangement for access control.
 * Users are assigned Roles.  Roles are assigned Permissions.
<end>

However, actually, isn't it that users are assinged roles and groups?  and
then roles are assigned permissions?  I am not really sure why groups exist,
as they seem to perform the same function as roles?  Or am I not
understanding the schema properly..
Eric

Re: #parse() - not working?

Posted by Eric Emminger <er...@ericemminger.com>.
Scott

Re: #parse() - not working?

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> writes:

>#parse no longer seems to work.

>I used to be able to do things like

>     #parse("screens/skins,default,Login.vm")

>but this no longer works:

Stop. If you use "parse", you're already in Velocity context "below" the Template service. So you must use "/" for finding your file.

You use "skins,default,Login.vm" to find a template. This is always valid if
your request is processed through the Template Service, which does the actual
translation and sends the result to the VelocityService to load your template
and interpret it.

#parse(...) is a Velocity command and is never seen by the Template Service.
So you must use #parse("screens/skins/default/Login.vm") Sorry, but these
are the rules. If Velocity would allow us to plug something into the #parse
statement to pass the string through Template Service....

	Regards
		Henning

>2003-08-22 16:15:18,672 ERROR [Thread-6  ]
>velocity.TurbineVelocityService - Error rendering Velocity template:
>screens/Login.vm
>org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
>resource 'screens/skins,default,Login.vm'

>Is there a suggested work around?

>Thanks,

>Scott

>--
>Scott Eade
>Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.
>http://www.backstagetech.com.au

"Dominate!! Dominate!! Eat your young and aggregate! I have grotty silicon!"
      -- AOL CD when played backwards  (User Friendly - 200-10-15)