Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by doballve <di...@digital-artefacts.fi> on 2008/06/25 14:57:30 UTC

Re: Apache FOP: Trimbox, Bleedbox, Crop marks

I was looking for PDF TrimBox and FOP and found your thread. Excellent to see
this is getting implemented. What's the schedule for this feature? Any
progress so far?

BTW, I have patched the old 0.20.5 to support PDF TrimBox like this:
    - accept "-trimboxPadding=##mm" param from command line
    - check for "trimboxPadding" in Configuration
    - generate TrimBox per page: [ (tp) (tp) (width - tp), (height - tp) ]

Very crudely, this is the important part in PDFPage.toPDF(), after
"/MediaBox":
        //DA Custom: TrimBox
        try {
            String trimboxPaddingSt =
Configuration.getStringValue("trimboxPadding", Configuration.PDF);
            if (trimboxPaddingSt != null && !"".equals(trimboxPaddingSt)) {
                if (trimboxPaddingSt.endsWith("mm")) {
                    float trimboxPaddingFloat =
Float.parseFloat(trimboxPaddingSt.substring(0, trimboxPaddingSt.length() -
2));
                    long trimboxPadding = Math.round(trimboxPaddingFloat *
2.83464567);
                    sb.append("/TrimBox [ " + trimboxPadding + " " +
trimboxPadding + " " + (this.pagewidth - trimboxPadding) + " " +
(this.pageheight - trimboxPadding) + " ]\n");
                } else {
                    throw new Exception("Invalid trimboxPadding. Value must
be given in mm (##.##mm)");
                }
            }
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

for the crop marks, I'm drawing them as borders to fo:block-container with
position="absolute", so handling it in the XSL level, before FOP. It works,
but I had to play around with all page sizes and margins...