Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Vaibhav Bhatia <va...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/28 22:15:54 UTC

Set buffer.memory in MirrorMaker 2.0

Hi All,

I am trying to replicate my kafka cluster to another one using mirror maker
2. This is uni-directional replication. Both these clusters are at
different locations.

This replication happens fine when the load is low. However, when the load
increases I usually get timeout error in my logs and it never comes out of
this error.

To fix this problem, I tried reduce the value of buffer.memory in the mm
config, and even though it reads the property from the config and initially
prints the updated value in the log in the producer config section, the
default value of 32 MB is being used.

Can you please suggest on how to get this working?

Thanks a  lot for your help.