Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by John Windberg <jw...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/30 08:33:51 UTC

Java Client, .NET server... and the Oreilly book...

So, has anyone actually written a web service client
that can communicate with a .NET server?

I'd love proof that it can be done. So far I've seen
references to things the other way around, and
pointers to classes that don't actually exist in the
1.1 axis jar.

I suppose most people using axis are written services,
and I look forward to doing that myself, but right
now, it's clients, and what I need to talk to is a
Microsoft SharePoint server...

My only working code so far is based on the classes
generated from WSDL2Java for a public exchange rate
service. No security involved.
Create a service, get an endpoint, get a call, add
some parameters, invoke the call. What am I suppose to
do with a with a "Sender"?

On that note, anyone know what's up with the
programming axis book from Oreilly? I pre-ordered it
from amazon, but its not been listed as available yet,
and I could not find it on oreilly's site.