Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Fausey,Jonathan" <fa...@oclc.org> on 2007/01/17 18:31:30 UTC

network of brokers

I'm running two brokers on different hosts.  Each has the following (out
of the box) entries in the broker section of conf/activemq.xml, but they
don't seem to have discovered eachother:

    <transportConnectors>
       <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
       <transportConnector name="ssl"     uri="ssl://localhost:61617"/>
       <transportConnector name="stomp"
uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
    </transportConnectors>

    <networkConnectors>
      <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->
      <networkConnector name="default-nc" uri="multicast://default"/>
    </networkConnectors>

I confirmed that IPV6 is disabled on both hosts.  Am I missing something
in the broker config?  How can one tell when brokers have discovered
eachother?

Thanks.

-Jon

RE: network of brokers

Posted by "Fausey,Jonathan" <fa...@oclc.org>.
More info:  I was also able to run iperf multicast tests
(http://dast.nlanr.net/projects/Iperf/#multicast) successfully between
the hosts running the brokers.  I assume this means that multicast works
on my network, but I'm still not seeing any sign that the brokers are
connecting with each other.

-Jon

When the brokers connect to each other you will see INFO messages on the
broker consoles saying that they have established connections to each
other.

On 1/17/07, Fausey,Jonathan <fa...@oclc.org> wrote:
> I'm running two brokers on different hosts.  Each has the following
> (out of the box) entries in the broker section of conf/activemq.xml,
> but they don't seem to have discovered eachother:
>
>     <transportConnectors>
>        <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
> discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
>        <transportConnector name="ssl"
uri="ssl://localhost:61617"/>
>        <transportConnector name="stomp"
> uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
>     </transportConnectors>
>
>     <networkConnectors>
>       <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->
>       <networkConnector name="default-nc" uri="multicast://default"/>
>     </networkConnectors>
>
> I confirmed that IPV6 is disabled on both hosts.  Am I missing
> something in the broker config?  How can one tell when brokers have
> discovered eachother?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Jon

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: network of brokers

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Does multicast work on your network?

When the brokers connect to each other you will see INFO messages on
the broker consoles saying that they have established connections to
each other.

On 1/17/07, Fausey,Jonathan <fa...@oclc.org> wrote:
> I'm running two brokers on different hosts.  Each has the following (out
> of the box) entries in the broker section of conf/activemq.xml, but they
> don't seem to have discovered eachother:
>
>     <transportConnectors>
>        <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
> discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
>        <transportConnector name="ssl"     uri="ssl://localhost:61617"/>
>        <transportConnector name="stomp"
> uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
>     </transportConnectors>
>
>     <networkConnectors>
>       <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->
>       <networkConnector name="default-nc" uri="multicast://default"/>
>     </networkConnectors>
>
> I confirmed that IPV6 is disabled on both hosts.  Am I missing something
> in the broker config?  How can one tell when brokers have discovered
> eachother?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Jon

Hiram