Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by David Turner <da...@googlemail.com> on 2010/05/30 21:21:27 UTC

Main window appears on Monitor 2

Hi People,

I have been working on my first app in pivot at work using my laptop,
where I have 2 external monitors plugged into. (laptop screen turned
off) Currently, I am working at home, and I have only my laptop, no
additional screen(s).

When I launch my application, it is appearing off to the right, where my
other monitor would be, so I cannot get to the application. Which is
frustrating.

I have tried launching the application from eclipse, and building a jar
with dependencies in maven, and lauching the jar. Both launch with app
in the taskbar, but not accessible.

Has anybody got any ideas how I can get to the app? At the moment, my
only plan is to wait till I get to work, and then move the app to the
primary monitor.

cheers,

David.

Re: Main window appears on Monitor 2

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

The issue is that Pivot caches the last location (x,y coordinates) of your
window when you close the app and opens it in that location the next time
(unless explicitly told otherwise).  There are a few ways you can solve
this:

1) Pass x and y arguments to the process to explicitly place it somewhere
else (--x=0 --y=0)
2) Clear the location preferences from your JVM prefs store (in Windows,
this is in the registry; on Linux, it's in ~/.java/...)

Note that this is a legitimate issue you've discovered -- can you file a bug
about it so we can fix it in future versions?

Thanks,
-T

Posted by David Turner <da...@googlemail.com>.
Bug report filed. under https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-510
Hope it is okay.

setting command line arguments works.

Although, I think I prefer Todd's suggestion to delete the registry at
HKEY_USERS\?????\Software\JavaSoft\Prefs\org\apache\pivot\wtk\

Thanks to you (and Todd) for the quick response.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.