Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2011/01/22 15:06:24 UTC

[OT] Student/Writer wanted

Hi OpenNLPers,

I'm looking for someone with an NLP background to write one or two sections for an upcoming book on search and NLP.

Specifically, you must be familiar with one of two subjects (or both):
1.  Event/Relationship detection (info extraction) --  i.e. not only identifying named entities but identifying relationships between them
2.  Sentiment Analysis/opinion mining

Each section is likely about 1-3 pages and generally would cover:
1. Examples of applications
2. Concepts and information on the subject
3. Resources to learn more (including, if possible, pointers to open source tools that implement some or all of the capabilities)

In exchange for writing the section, you will receive credit as the author of that section in the book.  I estimate the work to take somewhere between 3-7 days to research and write.

If you are interested, please email me your qualifications (including a writing sample in English) at clustering@mahout.grantingersoll.com.

Cheers,
Grant Ingersoll