Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/13 12:19:30 UTC

SelectItems Component vs Resolver

Hi,

I was browsing through the JIRA and see the following;

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-151

Instead of a new component, the same thing could also be done with a custom
resolver like,

<f:selectItems value="select.SomeBean.branches.branchLabel.branchCd.items"
/>

Which one looks more appropriate?

Cagatay

Re: SelectItems Component vs Resolver

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.
We (me and Mert Caliskan) thought so too and started implementing it at
jsf-comp.

There's a little bit of work remaining, after some testing hopefully the
patches will be ready.

Cagatay

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
I think it's better as a component.   It's easier to integrate into
existing projects, and easier to extend.   It's also the expected way