Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Thai Bui <bl...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/07 22:04:01 UTC

Re: Hive PR

Most likely if you don't know the maintainer of the specific feature that
you are changing, no one will look at your PR. You could take a look at the
git change log to see who has implemented or worked on the feature that you
are changing. Pick one of them and contact them politely via email for a
code review. Also, be patient. People might see it but haven't taken a
chance to code review it yet.

It should take more time for you since your change is a new feature instead
of a bug fix. I have successfully made a bug fix before and I asked the
original author to review it. You could also send an email with description
of your feature into dev@hive.apache.org and ask the developers to review
it.

--
Thai