Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Tom Jordahl <to...@macromedia.com> on 2003/10/27 22:12:42 UTC

soap:fault name attribute?

Report from a user (via ColdFusion MX).

Has anyone seen any reports of trouble with our WSDL and faults?

I looks like the 1.1 spec says that the wsdl:fault element has a name AND
the soap:fault element also has a name.  Axis does not include a name on the
SOAP fault element.

I think this is a bug....

Thought?  Bug reports?  Has anyone run our generated WSDL (with a fault)
through a WSDL validator?

"With this service everything was much better. I could successfully
generate proxy class for your wsdl ( There was only 1 issue:
in:

<wsdl:binding  element there is subelement
<wsdl:fault name="CFCInvocationException">
     <wsdlsoap:fault  use="encoded"
encodingStyle="<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/>http://schemas.xml
soap.org/soap/encoding/"
namespace="<file://'http://lfbridge.lfcomponents"/'>http://lfbridge.lfcompon
ents"/>
  </wsdl:fault>

<wsdlsoap:fault> element required "name" attribute. Without it wsdl didn't
pass validation. when I changed it to following:

<wsdl:fault name="CFCInvocationException">
     <wsdlsoap:fault name="a" use="encoded"
encodingStyle="<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/>http://schemas.xml
soap.org/soap/encoding/"
namespace="<file://'http://lfbridge.lfcomponents"/'>http://lfbridge.lfcompon
ents"/>
</wsdl:fault>

everything worked ok and I successfully generated proxy class.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development