Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Peng Xiao <25...@qq.com> on 2017/09/22 08:07:58 UTC

add new nodes in two DCs at the same time

Hi,

as Datastax suggests,we should only bootstrap one new node one time.
but can we add new nodes in two DCs at the same time?

Thanks,
Peng Xiao

Re: add new nodes in two DCs at the same time

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.
Theoretically yes, but you should stick to 1 node at a time to keep things
simple. only add multiple nodes simultaneously if you really know what
you're doing and have good reason to. Also by default Cassandra will stop
you from adding multiple nodes at once unless you pass certain flags.