Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by co...@kent.pnn.police.uk on 2002/11/15 15:43:07 UTC

More elegant way to determine browser? Can this be done?

Hi,
Having looked at the example for determine which browser is requesting a
resource and pulling in the appropriate stylesheet, it occurred to me
could this be done any easier.

The examples given is such ....

 <map:select type="browser">
  <!-- you could insert parameters here as well -->
   <map:when test="explorer">
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/w3c-2-msie.xsl"/>
   </map:when>
   <map:when test="lynx">
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/dynamic-page2html-text.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize/>
   </map:when>
   <map:when test="netscape">
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/ns4.xsl"/>
   </map:when>
   <map:otherwise>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/w3c.xsl"/>
   </map:otherwise>
  </map:select>

could you do something else like this  **** (pseudo code) ****
<map:transform>
 <map:src>
  stylesheets/dynamic<map:select type="browser" />.xsl
 </map:src>
</map:transform>

to concatenate the value returned by the map:select statement to your
stylesheet names???????

and name your stylesheets
dynamicexplorer.xsl
dynamiclynx.xsl
dynamicnetscape.xsl

Just an idea - has anyone done anything similar as I don't what to have
to do these multiple select statements for all of my website. Lazy I
know.

TIA
Conrad

etc. etc.