Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Daniel Templeton <da...@cloudera.com> on 2015/12/17 01:55:33 UTC

TestMRJobs Timing Out

On my MacOS X 10.9.5 machine TestMRJobs consistently fails by timeout:

  T E S T S
Running org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.TestMRJobs
====> TEST TIMED OUT. PRINTING THREAD DUMP. <====
Timestamp: 2015-12-16 04:30:42,286
"Socket Reader #1 for port 62548"  prio=5 tid=102 runnable
java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE
         at sun.nio.ch.KQueueArrayWrapper.kevent0(Native Method)
         at sun.nio.ch.KQueueArrayWrapper.poll(KQueueArrayWrapper.java:200)

The full thread dump is attached if anyone's interested.  Has anyone
else encountered this issue?  I didn't find anything in the archives,
and I didn't see similar failures in the Jenkins build, so it seems like
it's just me.  Is it just that YARN no likey MacOS? Any hints or
pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel