Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Jeffrey Deutsch <jd...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/28 00:59:53 UTC

Notes in Impress vs. PowerPoint

Hello,

My wife is willing to consider converting to LibreOffice 4
permanently. Here's her major issue, in two parts:

(1) She does not know how to start or use Notes in LibreOffice Impress
(the presentation part).

(2) When she starts (and saves) Notes in PowerPoint, and then works on
the presentation in LibreOffice -- even if she does not touch the
Notes while in LibreOffice -- when she re-opens the presentation in
PowerPoint the Notes are all fouled up every which way.

What does she need to do?

Thank you very much!

Jeff Deutsch
Speaker & Life Coach
A SPLINT - ASPies LInking with NTs
http://www.asplint.com

"Listen to the universe while it whispers before it has to shout."
Marion Grobb Finkelstein, Communication Catalyst -- http://www.MarionSpeaks.com

Re: Notes in Impress vs. PowerPoint

Posted by Jeffrey Deutsch <jd...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much for your help Clarence, Larry, Dave and Upscope!

Posted by Jeffrey Deutsch <jd...@gmail.com>.
Yes, thank you very much Upscope, I've already joined the list.

(For anyone else who might want to do so, just send a blank email to
users+subscribe@global.libreoffice.org and then when you get a
confirmation email just open it and follow the instructions. Also
check out http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/ for other good
resources.)

Cheers,

Posted by Upscope <up...@nwi.net>.
Here's the users mail list:

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeffrey Deutsch <jd...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Clarence, thank you very much for the information. Unfortunately,
saving as .ppx is not an option. Will saving as .ppt work?

Larry, I thought LibreOffice was simply the new version of OpenOffice.
How is the latter the real thing, as you put it? (Also, since you said
LibreOffice has its own separate mailing list, do you have the address
for that?)

Thanks!

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.

_________________________________

Posted by Jeffrey Deutsch <jd...@gmail.com>.
Hello Clarence,

Thank you very much for your advice to save it as .ppt.

Does that only apply when saving the LibO file, or does she also need
to do it in PowerPoint?

Thanks again!

Posted by Clarence M Weaver <cm...@gmail.com>.
Jeff,

Posted by Jeffrey Deutsch <jd...@gmail.com>.
Hello Clarence,

Posted by Clarence M Weaver <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Posted by JB <yo...@lavabit.com>.
On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 18:59:53 -0400
Jeffrey Deutsch <jd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My wife is willing to consider converting to LibreOffice 4
> permanently. Here's her major issue, in two parts:

  And this has what, to do with Apache OpenOffice?

> What does she need to do?

  Go to the LO website/mailing list/wiki and ask for help there.

--
“Those who suppress freedom always do so in the name of law and order.” -John v.
Lindsey