Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by LakshithaS <la...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/28 14:08:43 UTC

how to capture the submit event which occured from a input type=image

HI.. all,
I have a situation like this, i have a single form and two image buttons
(actually i am using <input type="image" instead of  <input type="submit").
The problem is identify the which image button has done the form submission.
Coz i am doing two tasks from these two image buttons.  one is for data
saving and one is for image uploading. Is there a way to find which button
has done the form submission?

i tried like this
component Id's are upload and next respectively

	public void onSelectFromUpload(){
		System.out.println("onSelectFromUpload >>>");
		nextPage = null;
	}

	public void onSelectFromNext(){
		System.out.println("onSelectFromNext >>>");
		nextPage = "RegistrationStepTwo";
	}

any idea ? thanks in millions..

Re: how to capture the submit event which occured from a input type=image

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fs...@fsadev.com>.
As far as I know this only works with the Submit component...

At least what you're doing is how it's done when you use that.

-Filip

Posted by LakshithaS <la...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dav, ill look into that, this is a good approach using T5

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
my advice is :
[...]

     * Determines the button behavior, <b>"submit"</b> - a normal form
button, <b>"reset"</b> - reset form (locally),
     * "cancel" - works like an actionlink, generates a "cancel" event
instead of "selected" and the form is not submitted
     * (if javascript is disabled form will be submitted, and "cancel" event
fired as well),
     * <b>"submitcancel"</b> - works like "cancel" but behaves consistently

Posted by LakshithaS <la...@gmail.com>.