Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> on 2002/04/04 00:00:26 UTC

Re: Problem with outputting of quotation mark in velocymacro (velocity 1.2)

On 4/3/02 4:48 PM, "Patrick von der Hagen" <pa...@vonderhagen.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to velocity and already like it very much. However, I am facing a
> strange problem. I defined the following makro:
> #macro( feld $name1 $name2 $size $length $value )
> value="$value"></td></tr>
> #end
>
> It works ok, as long as $value contains no space-character. When requesting
> a page
> #feld( "Street" "Strasse" 60 60 $Adresse.Strasse )
> I get a HTML-source like
> value=testddfs dsfgfds></td></tr>

Really?  That shouldn't be.  The quotes should come through because they are
just schmoo to the parser...

> Of course I'm running into problems here, since Netscape (I have not checked
> IE) will only display "testddfs" and omit "dsfgfds". I need an output like
> value="testddfs dsfgfds".
>
> I tried escaping with \ or doubling the quotation-mark, but I don't succeed.
>
> Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

What version of Velocity?

System and Software Consulting
Java : the speed of Smalltalk with the simple elegance of C++...