Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by William Taylor <wi...@corp.sonic.net> on 2008/04/18 19:13:37 UTC

Extend DNSEval.pm?

Is there anyway to extend this in DNSEval.pm locally without patching? Maybe with a plugin or something?

  my @originating = ();
  for my $header ('X-Originating-IP', 'X-Apparently-From') {
    my $str = $pms->get($header);
    next unless $str;
    push (@originating, ($str =~ m/($IP_ADDRESS)/g));
  }

I want to add a few headers here but I didn't want to have to patch on each upgrade.

Thanks,
 William

Re: Extend DNSEval.pm?

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Fri, April 18, 2008 19:29, William Taylor wrote:

> We need custom ones for internal reasons.

please no, you get spamassassin for free, please share alike on why and what
you like to have changed "internal" :-)

if you change it anyway no one can help you anymore

Benny Pedersen
Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

Re: Extend DNSEval.pm?

Posted by William Taylor <wi...@corp.sonic.net>.
On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 06:22:58PM +0100, Justin Mason wrote:

> William Taylor writes:
> > Is there anyway to extend this in DNSEval.pm locally without patching? Maybe with a plugin or something?
> >
> >   my @originating = ();
> >   for my $header ('X-Originating-IP', 'X-Apparently-From') {
> >     my $str = $pms->get($header);
> >     next unless $str;
> >     push (@originating, ($str =~ m/($IP_ADDRESS)/g));
> >   }
> >
> > I want to add a few headers here but I didn't want to have to patch on each upgrade.
>
> hi William --
>
> meant to reply to your private mail, but list mail is better ;) The best
> bet to get it into the mainline is to add a configuration setting to
> Conf.pm, specifying the names of additional headers to look up.
>
> Failing that, why not add your additional headers using
> "X-Originating-IP" in the first place? ;)
>
> --j.

No worries Justin.. Thought about the list today lol

Isn't Conf.pm overwritten when upgrading?
Can you give me an example of what I would put in there or point me in the right direction?