Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com> on 2004/10/20 19:23:25 UTC

Re: Percentage of projects using Subversion was Re: Donation of JAXP 1.3 Sources to Apache

El mar, 19-10-2004 a las 11:40 -0700, Justin Erenkrantz escribió:
> --On Tuesday, October 19, 2004 1:56 PM -0400 Neil Graham <ne...@ca.ibm.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I'd also be curious to know what proportion of Apache projects have
> > migrated to SVN so far?  There would be a significantly higher amount of
> > churn caused to the community by an SVN migration than was caused by our
> > earlier Jira migration; so I'd prefer to go down a well-trod path than be
> > on the bleeding edge in this particular instance.
>
> <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/>
>
> A fair number of projects have already converted and a few more (such as
> httpd) have already agreed to convert, but are waiting for the 'right' time
> to convert.  (My hunch is a bunch more might migrate at upcoming AC'04.)

portals is half way. Jetspeed-1 will be converted after the next
release, and Jetspeed-2 too. Site and pluto are already using svn.

The only nit I have it I was never able to make subclipse work under
linux-ppc, which is what I'm currently using. Not that I use eclipse
that much, though.

Ah!, and getting updatedb ignore the .svn trees would be nice too.

Regards

> For more info, please see: <http://www.apache.org/dev/cvs2svn.html>
>
> HTH.  -- justin

Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>