Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Saurav Lahiri <sa...@sungard.com> on 2014/02/12 07:19:33 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS](CLOUDSTACK-3471)Provide an API to extract the log statements of a given jobid

Prasanna,
This is regard to the ticket 3471 that you had raised. Your suggestion was
to have a cloudstack API. Based on the discussion and the way logging
is generally handled, it was felt that a API might not be the best thing.
I have documented a process to get a logging service enabled. I have also
attached two scripts to the wiki doc which will enable setting up a template
with the various services enabled and which can be used to spawn the
guests with the services. I have tested it for CentOS templates and
Ubuntu templates. If there are any issues do let me know and I can fix
them. Do give it a try and let me know if this serves the purpose and the
defect
can be closed.

Thanks
Saurav