Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Oliver Haecker <oh...@webdata.de> on 2002/11/21 15:45:00 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 1.3.27 - how override the suexec wrapper?

Hello Apache-Users,

I'm using Apache 1.3.27 with builtin SUEXEC wrapper. I'm using name-based VirtualHosts. My apache
server runs under user 'wwwrun'. Every VirtualHost has its own cgi-bin directory. There is one global
cgi ScriptAlias '/sharecgi/'  directory which should be accessed with 'wwwrun' rights, not like the VirtualHost cgi-bin
directories with the rights of the uid/gid specified in the VirtualHost Configuration.
I want to override the SUEXEC wrapper for the global  ScriptAlias /sharecgi/ directory, as the wrapper
forbids to execute the cgi-scripts in the global cgi-bin directory under the main 'wwwrun' user.
It takes the uid/gid specified in the VirtualHost Configuration.

I've tried to find some information about that in the FAQs and Mailinglist-Archives but I didn't get
any helpful information.

Greetings, Oliver
Mit freundlichem Gruss,

Oliver Häcker
Webdata Internet Consulting GmbH
Manfred-Wörner-Straße 159, 73037 Göppingen
HRB 2714, Geschäftsführer: Jens Stolle, Kai Weible
Tel. 07161 658968 - Fax 07161 658970