Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Marco Spinetti <m....@pisa.iol.it> on 2001/01/30 15:05:46 UTC

Big problem with Saxon and Cocoon and esql

Hi all
I have cancelled the Cocoon Repositary and now when I call a Xsp file with esql I obtain the following mistake:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.
	at com.icl.saxon.PreparedStyleSheet.prepare(PreparedStyleSheet.java:119)
	at com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:119)
	at org.apache.cocoon.transformer.SAXONTransformer.getTransformer(SAXONTransformer.java:309)
	at org.apache.cocoon.transformer.SAXONTransformer.transform(SAXONTransformer.java:191)
	at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPLogicsheet.apply(XSPLogicsheet.java:102)
	at org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(XSPProcessor.java:445)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Engine.java:383)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:503)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:475)

On my terminal I obtain:
Error at xsl:template on line -1 of jar:file:/usr/local/cocoon-1.8/build/cocoon.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/sql/esql.xsl:  The match pattern in xsl:template may not contain references to variables
In the repositary no file .java is generated.
Where is the error?
Marco
m.spinetti@pisa.iol.it

Re: R: Big problem with Saxon and Cocoon and esql

Posted by Lars Martin <la...@smb-tec.com>.
On Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:06:37 +0100
"Marco Spinetti" <m....@pisa.iol.it> wrote:

> The strange thing is that with xalan everythink is ok but the saxon 6.1
> gives me this error. I don't know what the message
>
> Error at xsl:template on line -1 of
> jar:file:/usr/local/cocoon-1.8/build/cocoon.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/processor
> /xsp/library/sql/esql.xsl:  The match pattern in xsl:template may not
> contain references to variables
>
> means. It seems that there is a error in the esql.xsl, but I don't know.
> Is there somebody that can help me?
> Marco
> m.spinetti@pisa.iol.it

I hope that Steffen (steffen@smb-tec.com) can help you with your problem
when he is right back in the office.

Lars
Lars Martin                                    mailto:lars@smb-tec.com

R: Big problem with Saxon and Cocoon and esql

)

Re: Big problem with Saxon and Cocoon and esql

Posted by Matthew Cordes <mc...@maine.edu>.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Conny Krappatsch wrote:

> I thought the same, but I read XSLT spec again and Saxon seems to be
> right.
> >From XSLT 1.0, 5.3:
> "It is an error for the value of the match attribute to contain a
> VariableReference."
>
> (This seems to be the case for all 'match' attributes and some more.)

well hell. thanks for the tip.

- donald

Re: Big problem with Saxon and Cocoon and esql

Posted by Conny Krappatsch <co...@smb-tec.com>.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.