Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2022/07/10 23:26:46 UTC

Log4j 3.0 and JPMS

Lookking at master I see the following:

./log4j-jpl/src/main/java/module-info.java
./log4j-api-test/src/main/java9/module-info.java
./log4j-plugins/src/main/java/module-info.java
./log4j-api/src/main/java/module-info.java
./log4j-layout-template-json/src/main/java/module-info.java
./log4j-plugins-test/src/main/java9/module-info.java
./log4j-script/src/main/java/module-info.java
./log4j-core/src/main/java/module-info.java
./log4j-plugin-processor/src/main/java9/module-info.java
./log4j-core-test/src/test/java9/module-info.java
./log4j-core-test/src/main/java9/module-info.java

So, log4j-jpl, log4j-api, log4j-plugins, log4j-layout-template-json, log4j-script, log4j-core, and log4j-plugin-processor are now JPMS modules.

I am wondering which others need to be. I do not believe log4j-1.2-api should be as I cannot see any application using Log4j becoming JPMS compliant.

I have not checked other modules, such as log4j-kafka, to see if their dependencies will allow them to be fully modularized. But I would like a list of the modules we consider must-haves for a release.

Thoughts?

Ralph

Re: Log4j 3.0 and JPMS

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.