Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Gian Merlino <gi...@imply.io> on 2018/04/09 18:26:29 UTC

Re: [druid-dev] redis cache should be a core druid extension

Hi Prashant,

The only real difference between core and contrib extensions is that
contrib extensions don't have an official maintainer. If people are
interested in stepping up and maintaining the redis extension then it would
make sense in core. Maybe you are interested :)? Maintenance of an
extension like this mostly involves reviewing patches for it and making
sure it is compatible with the latest releases of redis.

Btw, since we are migrating the dev mailing list to Apache, please cross
post this sort of thing with dev@druid.apache.org, or even only post to
that list. I have cross posted my reply here to both lists.

Gian