Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/02/19 02:57:28 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Trivial Update of "CommitPolicy" by GrantIngersoll

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by GrantIngersoll:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CommitPolicy

  '''Please Note''': These guidelines are for Committers making changes directly to the revision control system.  Community members wishing to contribute patches should not feel burdened by any policies spelled out on this page, instead please consult HowToContribute for more information.

- People may want to refer to the Apache Glossary for clarification on the concepts of '''CTR''' ([http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#CommitThenReview Commit-Then-Review]) Policies and and '''RTC''' ([http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#ReviewThenCommit Review-Then-Commit]) Policies -- but please keep in mind that the Solr community (like our Lucene parent community) is very relaxed, so even in cases where we talk about "Review Then Commit" we tend to be extremely informal, and rarely (if ever) take votes as part of the "Review" process.
+ People may want to refer to the Apache Glossary for clarification on the concepts of '''CTR''' ([http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#CommitThenReview Commit-Then-Review]) Policies and '''RTC''' ([http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#ReviewThenCommit Review-Then-Commit]) Policies -- but please keep in mind that the Solr community (like our Lucene parent community) is very relaxed, so even in cases where we talk about "Review Then Commit" we tend to be extremely informal, and rarely (if ever) take votes as part of the "Review" process.

  There is a lot of trust between committers, in some cases it may make sense to diverge from these policies (more info at the end of this page).