Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Luiz Mendes Almeida <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/15 13:21:28 UTC

ActiveMQ - Confirmation on delivery and Confirmation on arrival

Hi.

  I would like to know if ActiveMQ supports COD-COA (Confirmation on
delivery and Confirmation on arrival) as MQSeries does?
  Thank you in advance.

Luiz Gustavo Almeida

Re: ActiveMQ - Confirmation on delivery and Confirmation on arrival

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 15 Apr 2008, at 12:21, Luiz Mendes Almeida wrote:

> Hi.
>
>  I would like to know if ActiveMQ supports COD-COA (Confirmation on
> delivery and Confirmation on arrival) as MQSeries does?
>  Thank you in advance.
>
> Luiz Gustavo Almeida

That would be a nice feature!  By default a  send() blocks untils the
message is delivered to a broker (and persisted to disk for persistent
messages) - if an error occurs you get an exception.
There currently isn't an equivalent of COA - you can obviously do this
at application level, - but if you'd like this feature - raise a jira!

cheers,

Rob

http://open.iona.com/ -Enterprise Open Integration
http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/