Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1995/12/01 12:59:34 UTC

Re: France Mirror

> I wrote back the Alien Technology guy and told him how to mirror it (go
> through ftp.apache.org/apache, and use the public domain "mirror"
> package), and to let me know when the new location is set up.
>
> As for policy in this situation, I'm basically open to all comers.  I do
> ask them if one of the other mirrors is close enough, but apparently the
> European backbone is so saturated that getting to America is faster than
> getting from France to Italy.
>
> As for whether mirrors should get such prominant notice - I think they
> should, and if the list gets too long I'll simply change the link to a
> page listing all mirror sites.
>
> The home page needs a redesign at some point anyways - not a change to
> the header graphic, that's fine, but everything below it could use a
> re-layout.  This is not a thing we have to do before 1.0, though.  I have
> asked our graphics/design guru kevin Farnham to take a look at it in his
> spare time.
>
> 	Brian

> brian@organic.com  brian@hyperreal.com  http://www.[hyperreal,organic].com/

I asked Imperial College (the biggest and best mirror site in the UK) if
they'd like to mirror Apache, and they said "sure" - but I need to point them
at some instructions/a list of directories to mirror... is there one somewhere?

Cheers,

Ben.

London, England.

Re: France Mirror

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Fri, 1 Dec 1995, Ben Laurie wrote:
> I asked Imperial College (the biggest and best mirror site in the UK) if
> they'd like to mirror Apache, and they said "sure" - but I need to point them
> at some instructions/a list of directories to mirror... is there one somewhere?

if they just want to mirror the distribution, then they can go to
ftp.apache.org/apache/dist/

if they are willing to host the whole site (preferable) they can go to
ftp.apache.org/apache/

There's a free package called "mirror" which can be used to efficiently
mirror FTP sites - FTP is necessary since there are server-side includes
and other niceties to think of.

Hmm, looks like I should draw up an html page, with this info and a list
of dependencies and such, for our mirror sites.  I'll try and get to that
this evening.

	Brian