Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by ox...@yahoo.com on 2006/01/17 06:46:50 UTC

docBase

I am trying to migrate a webapp from Tomcat to Geronimo.  I have been opening a properties file using a relative path specified in a System property in catalina.properties.  I don't think this is the best place to put this property and I don't really want to replicate the path in each individual web application's web.xml.  Any suggestions as to the best place to define this System property?

The Geronimo approach is IoC.  Probably all of these properties should be injected somehow.  Several settings are database connection parameters and these should be moved to Connection pool definitions.  Another setting is the path of a log file and this probably should be made webapp-specific.

Finally, one of our database servers is rebooted every Sunday and this kills all of the connections in our connection pool.  We've tried doing cron-based shutdowns of Tomcat/Geronimo to rebuild the Connection pool, but this has proven unreliable and would seem to be a rather ham-fisted approach to rebuilding the Connection pool anyway.  Any suggestions as to how to elegantly rebuild the Connection pool?

--Bob White-- home:727-490-7363, cell:727-463-6061
photos: http://polina.70kg.com/  http://nastya.70kg.com/
blog:  http://milkchaser.blogspot.com/

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. - Carl Jung

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, so that
my children may have peace. - Thomas Paine

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.....those who understand
binary and those who don't.