Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by "Burres, Vicky J" <vi...@optum360.com> on 2018/03/29 20:34:55 UTC

Question on Appache Studio - Team functionality

Hello,

I am new to Apache but I work with a team and we need to "share" the server and connection so we can all monitor/add users when needed.  Also, can I run it as a Windows service of doe the "run in the background" work in a similar means?  I saw the team functionality and I think that will work but it is not an option on my drop down and I cannot figure out how to add it to my current configuration.  Otherwise, any other options for sharing would be fine

Thanks,

Vicky

Vicky Burres | Optum360
Sr. Technical Implementation Engineer
Claims Integrity & Connectivity

428 E. Capital Ave.,  Suite 204
Jefferson City, MO  65101
O: (612) 632-2989
Office Hours 7:30 - 4:00 PM CST
Vicky.Burres@optum360.com<ma...@optum360.com>
www.optum360.com<http://www.optum360.com/>

[Forum18_EmailSignature1]<https://www.optum.com/events/forum-2018.html>

Re: Question on Appache Studio - Team functionality

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 29/03/2018 à 22:34, Burres, Vicky J a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am new to Apache but I work with a team and we need to "share" the server and connection so we can all monitor/add users when needed.

I guess you are talking about the Apache Directory Server here. It's a
LDAP server, and enybody can access it using LDAP protocol. It just has
to be installed on a server, and all the client has to connect to this
server (here client == studio).

 Also, can I run it as a Windows service

Yes, there is a windows installer with a wrapper that makes it run as a
service.

of doe the "run in the background" work in a similar means?  I saw the
team functionality

Not sure what you mean by 'team functionality'.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org