Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Gunther Bachmann <gu...@tu-harburg.de> on 2002/01/22 15:59:22 UTC

failure loading webapp-module (tomcat 4.0.1) into apache (1.3.9)

running "bin/apachectl configtest" i get the error
"Syntax error on line 224 of
/users/sts/stud/gu.bachmann/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /users/sts/stud/gu.bachmann/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so into
server: ld.so.1: /users/sts/stud/gu.bachmann/apache/bin/httpd: fatal:
relocation error: file
/users/sts/stud/gu.bachmann/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so: symbol __moddi3:
referenced symbol not found"
(line 224 is the LoadModule directive)
(apache is installed in "/users/sts/stud/gu.bachmann/apache")

host system: solaris 2.6
apache-version: 1.3.9
webapp module-version: 1.0.1
gcc-version: 2.8.1
autoconf-version: 2.52
libtool-version: 1.4.2

building the webapp module (source) works fine [./support/buildconf.sh,
./configure --with-apxs=..., make]
building the apache (source) works fine.
after copying the mod_webapp.so into libexec and adding the lines
"LoadModule webapp_module      libexec/mod_webapp.so"
"AddModule mod_webapp.c"
into the httpd.conf, i run into the error mentioned above

if you know about anything that might help me to make the whole thing work,
let me know.
kind regards ...
gunther bachmann

Re: failure loading webapp-module (tomcat 4.0.1) into apache (1.3.9)

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Gunther Bachmann wrote:

> running "bin/apachectl configtest" i get the error
> "Syntax error on line 224 of
> /users/sts/stud/gu.bachmann/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /users/sts/stud/gu.bachmann/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so into
> server: ld.so.1: /users/sts/stud/gu.bachmann/apache/bin/httpd: fatal:
> relocation error: file
> /users/sts/stud/gu.bachmann/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so: symbol __moddi3:
> referenced symbol not found"
> (line 224 is the LoadModule directive)
> (apache is installed in "/users/sts/stud/gu.bachmann/apache")
>
> host system: solaris 2.6
> apache-version: 1.3.9
> webapp module-version: 1.0.1
> gcc-version: 2.8.1
> autoconf-version: 2.52
> libtool-version: 1.4.2
>
> building the webapp module (source) works fine [./support/buildconf.sh,
> ./configure --with-apxs=..., make]
> building the apache (source) works fine.
> after copying the mod_webapp.so into libexec and adding the lines
> "LoadModule webapp_module      libexec/mod_webapp.so"
> "AddModule mod_webapp.c"
> into the httpd.conf, i run into the error mentioned above
>
> if you know about anything that might help me to make the whole thing work,
> let me know.

I think that the problem you have is due to the fact you are mixing gcc and
cc... Probably the apache-1.3.9 has be compiled using the native (Sun compiler).
You cannot mix these things.

I also suggest that you should try with newer versions ;-)