Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com> on 2014/05/06 15:06:37 UTC

looking for Derby's lock compatibility matrix

I seem to recall stumbling across this somewhere in the code or on the
website long ago. But now I can't find it. It's the table which
corresponds to "Compatibility Matrix for Granular Locks" in section 7.8
of Gray and Reuter's Transaction Processing.

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: looking for Derby's lock compatibility matrix

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 5/6/14 7:21 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Rick Hillegas<ri...@oracle.com>  writes:
>
>> I seem to recall stumbling across this somewhere in the code or on the
>> website long ago. But now I can't find it. It's the table which
>> corresponds to "Compatibility Matrix for Granular Locks" in section
>> 7.8 of Gray and Reuter's Transaction Processing.
> In the code, RowLock.R_COMPAT and ContainerLock.C_COMPAT contain the
> compatibility tables for row locks and container locks.
Thanks, Bryan and Knut. This is what I need.

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <kn...@oracle.com>.

--
Knut Anders

Re: looking for Derby's lock compatibility matrix

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com>.
On 5/6/2014 6:06 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> I seem to recall stumbling across this somewhere in the code or on the website long ago.

Do you mean:

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/devguide/cdevconcepts36402.html
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/devguide/rdevconcepts8424.html
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.10/devguide/rdevconcepts2462.html