Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gustav <gu...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/27 22:23:57 UTC

question about lifecycle

Hi ...

I done the following with maven 2
1 - create a jar with sources, resources and configuration files
2 - copy dependencies to tomcat webapp lib directory
3 - copy the jar (1) into a tomcat directory inside an already instaled
webapp

I done this using dependency (2), antrun (3) and clean plugins ...

The dependency and antrun plugin are configured to execute their goals in
install phase

I run "maven clean install" and all is done ...

But i read in maven documentation that install phase is intenteded to
install a project jar in repository . So the questions are:

Am I using maven correctly ?? There is a way to especify easely a lifecycle
with three phases, so I can do only the things I need ??

Thanks in advance
Regards