Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Christopher <ct...@apache.org> on 2019/11/07 21:20:24 UTC

Getting ready to release 1.10.0

As agreed in the recent [VOTE] thread, we will be releasing a 1.10.0
that bumps the minimum runtime Java version to 8.

I am beginning to work on getting the branch (currently still named
1.9) ready for release in accordance with this plan. As such, I will
be preparing a pull request that bumps the Java version and resolves
any errors generated by our plugins which do quality checks
(specifically modernizer, but also some compiler warnings).

However, there are still a few other outstanding issues that were
previously labeled for 1.9, which have not yet been resolved. At least
one of these was labeled a "blocker". These are:
https://github.com/apache/accumulo/issues?q=is%3Aopen+project%3Aapache%2Faccumulo%2F8

If anybody is able to work on these, it will be very helpful in
getting the 1.10.0 ready for a release vote.

Thanks,

Christopher

Re: Getting ready to release 1.10.0

Posted by Christopher <ct...@gmail.com>.
I reviewed the PR. Looks like it's headed in a good direction. I
wouldn't bother creating a 1.10 branch. We can do that after we tag a
release and do the normal branch cleanup.

Posted by Mike Miller <mm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.

Posted by Adam Lerman <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Miller <mm...@apache.org>.